Advantages of Oceanskies Crew
The key advantages of the Oceanskies Crew employment service are as follows:
- Oceanskies Crew is issued with a Statement of Compliance issued by Lloyd’s Register confirming that we are fully compliant with standard A1.4 and guidelines B1.4 of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC).
- Crew are employed by Oceanskies Crew separately from the underlying client and/or the vessel owner.
- Oceanskies Crew is not only fully based on the Channel Island of Guernsey but it is also run by genuine Guernsey residents unlike some crew companies that are registered offshore but managed onshore.
- All crew can be employed offshore even when the yacht itself is owned by an onshore company located in a jurisdiction that might not be favourable for the employment of seafarers.
- All crew, regardless of whether they work on a private or commercial yacht, are employed within an MLC compliant environment.
- All crew, regardless of whether they work on a private or commercial yacht, are employed through a Seafarers Employment Agreement (SEA) in line with MLC best practice requirements.
- All crew are employed from Guernsey by a Guernsey based company (i.e. non-EU) without any deductions being made at source in Guernsey for tax or national insurance/social security.
- Oceanskies Crew charges on a fixed fee basis rather than as a percentage of the crewmember’s salary.
- MLC certification and ongoing compliance costs are not charged to the client unlike many of our competitors who charge clients for their initial MLC certification and their ongoing MLC compliance.
- It is as cost-effective and straight forward to employ one crew member as it is to employ many crew members making Oceanskies Crew an ideal employment and payroll vehicle for both small and large yachts.